Re  doggie attachments

As I sit here typing, my poodle (toy fortunately) insists in lying in my
arms as I type.  It makes it very difficult..  but she seems to need to be
close to me (for warmth?) and I just have to put up with it for a while
until she realises other places are more comfortable.

Gina is right, and we all know this -- dogs are there for us when we feel
bad - if I am sick, lying down, my dog just holes up with me all the time.
I can understand how "crushed" you feel Dennis by your friend's  big dog.
Perhaps you could suggest they trade it in on a small lap dog!

Joy and Pebbles.