"That means the agency spent about $1,162 in research monies
for every heart disease death, versus $33,513 for every AIDS
death."

Hold on a cotton-pickin' minute here. My understanding is
that PD gets 28 bucks a year, right? What's up with this? PD
is a third-class disease?

Now I feel right sorry for those folks with AIDS but, all
things considered, I'd just as soon stick with PD if no one
minds. None of these diseases really rank high as far as
improving the quality of life, and I might be totally wrong
with my thoughts about all this.

I'm not going to go tell a little 5 year old girl who has
AIDS that my life is more important than hers, because it
isn't. I'd square off with a number of those folks, though,
and say our self-worth is about equal. I have a problem
understanding why their life is worth $33,500 and mine is
worth $28. We're both going through hell trying to make it
from one day to the next. That's like the gov'ment buying
them a new truck and giving me a couple of six-packs.

Looks like Bubba and I are gonna have to get in the pickup
and go see those NIH folks, give them a little edumacation.
I don't know about you folks, but that burns me. I had no
idea it was that out of line.

And if that doesn't make you mad you're taking a little too
much Prozac.
--
The Official PWP Dumpster Gang Hideout
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/