Dear Colleagues,
    Since I became a master deleter {100 messages per 30 seconds]I hardly can tell you what is going on on the list but I did make note of a couple of people mentioning theirs or other people's falls.

     I'm what is known as a "Special Projects Coordinator" in my PD support group and part of my job is to arrange for speakers/demonstrators. One of the area we are looking into is falling or better said "The Art Of Falling". Meaning can one learn to "sit down" instead of fall? I think so. As a matter of fact I've done it and believe I can teach it.
    A few months ago I was walking down the pathway to my door with a large and awkward box containing my brand new computer monitor. As I walked I started taking baby steps and leaning over and experience has taught me that I'm about to fall forward. So I stopped, got straight and continued walking until it happened 3-4 times: the last time I was headed for a brick wall. Then it got really strange. One of the deep muscles in my left buttock let go and refused to bare weight so instead of falling forward I had the option of siting down and I did just that. In contrast to others I have an amazing amount of time to consider my options including what to do with the box which landed quietly in my lap. No harm down.

     There are 3-4 fallers in my group and one way or another we are going to master the "art of falling". Can you offer any wisdom? Know any programs that teach graceful falling? Do you believe that you could learn such an activity? It may not be true but "drunks" are said to fall loosely but none of us wish to become drunks. Professional wrestlers do well at falling but the name I would want is now retired; Gorgeous George. The martial arts are a good option but take years to learn and learning to ride a horse is enough for now. Walking backwards helps a good deal but is not suitable for everyone.

what say you?

PS To Dennis Greene. I'm sure you have heard this before but one reason that you may have fallen is because you are from "The land down under". Personally I don't trust gravity as far as I can throw it!
        georgeAmazing grace! How sweet the sound
    that saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    was blind, but now I see.