Jerry wrote:

>"That means the agency spent about $1,162 in research monies
>for every heart disease death, versus $33,513 for every AIDS
>death."
>
>Hold on a cotton-pickin' minute here. My understanding is
>that PD gets 28 bucks a year, right? What's up with this? PD
>is a third-class disease?

I hear ya, Jerry.  I tend to think that AIDS deserves the $33,513 because
this virus mutates rapidly.  Health care providers are more  than a little
nervous
 about what direction that mutation might head.  I consider those dollars
well spent if we can prevent this disease from hitting the general
population.

Considering  PD's huge expense in terms of personal, insurance and Federal
dollars, it would seem that our government would gain by increasing the
research  funding to discovering a cure for that disease.  But our
government has not always excelled in logic.......

-----
Regards
Mary Ann