Hi...
I guess it's time to introduce myself.  My husband Ben, 68, was diagnosed
with PD 3 years ago.  Like everyone else, signs were there several years
before that time.  We attended several of the meetings of the Waco (TX)
Support Group & joined.  (That was the PD newsletter that I was talking
about.)  Waco tried to start a nighttime group which was better for us
since Ben, a Lutheran pastor, is still working, but there was not enough
people interested to keep it going.  Since that time, I haven't been able
to get Ben to attend the regular daytime meetings.  I think that a lot of
the problem has been denial.   Another problem was his neurologist.  We
have finally gotten Ben to switch to another neurologist who specializes in
PD.  Ben really likes him (& so do I) & I think we are now making progress.

This group has helped too, more than you'll ever know.  Ben won't use the
computer, but I print out almost everything & then he seems to enjoy
reading the posts.  He has made files of the ones that he wants to keep.
The last time we went to the doctor, he had a list of things (from the
posts) that he then discussed with the doctor.

I'm still working to get him back to the Waco Support Group.  Ben will
retire in about a year & a half, and I imagine we will start going to
meetings at that time.

Thanks for all the help that we have received from this group.  You all are
the greatest.

Linda cg for Ben 68/3+