Nancy:  If your mom isn't interested in support groups, etc., you might
want to suggest two GREAT groups in and around NYC:  the PANhandlers, who
work on advocacy issues, and the Parkinson's Unity Walk.  Contact PDF at
Columbia for more info on the PANhandlers and call Margot Zobel at
212-580-6505 for info on the Walk, which takes place in Central Park this
year on Setpember 27.  Both groups do really terrific work on behalf of
many goals we all share and are also a good way for your mom to get
involved in helping herself by helping the community as a whole.  Remember,
too, as frustrating as it is for the family, it is her life and her
decision as to how much to "know."

Carole Cassidy