Maybe I am just cranky today, but so much has been said of late about
poor (in spirit not money) people with aids or als or some other
"fast" acting disorder needing sympathy and help that I am about to
scream.  I think even with the horrible pain, etc. I would rather go
in 3 years than live in misery for the next 40 with pd.  I cannot say
that having pd is better than als.  My family are long lived and tend
to continue "working" and "doing" all their lives, sometimes in spite
of medical conditions.  I do not look forward to 40 or more years of
shaking, freezing, jerking, and being miserable.  No one may agree
but 3 to 5 years of misery seems almost a comfort compared to the 40
I have to look forward to.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds
http://members.tripod.com/~marling