Marling said in part:

> Maybe I am just cranky today, but so much has been said of late about
> poor (in spirit not money) people with aids or als or some other
> "fast" acting disorder needing sympathy and help that I am about to
> scream.  I think even with the horrible pain, etc. I would rather go
> in 3 years than live in misery for the next 40 with pd.
> No one may agree
> but 3 to 5 years of misery seems almost a comfort compared to the 40
> I have to look forward to.
>
> don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
> Marling McReynolds
> http://members.tripod.com/~marling

May I suggest, Marling, that the next moment is not something completely in
our control.  But, our thoughts are in our control.  You always close with
don't forget how to laugh (and do it often), so pull out some of the humor
posts you have saved and get reading and laughing.  Tomorrow you may get
run over by a Mac truck or researchers may discover the cure for
Parkinson's.  Today you can enjoy something you like....your grandchild,
your son, your friend, SOMETHING good is in your day.  I get cranky too,
and the faster I get off my "pity pot" the better I feel.  I envy you
having a grandchild.  I would love to be a grandmother but that's not in my
control sooooo I'll just have to spoil my niece, Katie who is coming to
visit next week.  Have I ever told you my son's "assolescent" story?

Jeanette Fuhr 47/7mo