Ivan M Suzman wrote:

>  Hi Marling, and people on the List.........
>
> Maybe I am cranky, too,  Or maybe I am going just a little bit crazy.  I
> just know PD isn't recognized as the monster it really is!
>
> Today another caregiver quit--I got  a note, taped to the kitchen door,
> that reads in part:
>
> "I neither have the training nor the vocation to care for someone with a
> TERMINAL ILLNESS."
> Imagine reading that before breakfast.   UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
>
> --didn't PD kill SIdney Dorris of the NPF Dorris Award?  Didn't I hear
> that he died of bowel obstruction DUE TO PARKINSON'S??
>
> Morbidly yours,
>
> Ivan
>
> P>S>  What about the virus theory?? Are there scientists on the List, or
> anyone, who would like to enter into this discussion?
>
> ^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
> Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
> Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     68    deg. F
>
> On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:57:14 +0000 Marling McReynolds
> <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >Maybe I am just cranky today, but so much has been said of late about
> >poor (in spirit not money) people with aids or als or some other
> >"fast" acting disorder needing sympathy and help that I am about to
> >scream.  I think even with the horrible pain, etc. I would rather go
> >in 3 years than live in misery for the next 40 with pd.  I cannot say
> >that having pd is better than als.  My family are long lived and tend
> >to continue "working" and "doing" all their lives, sometimes in spite
> >of medical conditions.  I do not look forward to 40 or more years of
> >shaking, freezing, jerking, and being miserable.  No one may agree
> >but 3 to 5 years of misery seems almost a comfort compared to the 40
> >I have to look forward to.
> >
> >don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
> >Marling McReynolds
> >http://members.tripod.com/~marling

Hi Ivan, Marling and anybody else
I'm definitely one of the cranky set today - to spend the rest of my
life hitting innocent kids in the  face - or walking through a sea of
glue - or is it living on a high gravity planet - yoou know what I mean
- and the only solution is: protect the children of the world  and have
a pallidotomy . Excuse me ,  who is going to pay for it? Some of us
don,t qualify for Medicare.  Yecchhh!!!
About the virus theory - My first major PD symotoms occurred after a
mysterious viral illness I contracted 3 days after arriving in london
from South Africa.  This was 1974, not long sfter the days of Marburg
and Lassa, and the british were not clear on the difference between
Johannesburg and Botswana etc, so I was hospitalised for  5 weeks while
they treated me with aspirin and never found out what was wrong.  I had
presented with a temperature of 105, so that has been postulated as one
of the possible triggers of my PD, but then it might have been the
virus.....

                        "Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Cry, and
                        the world laughs at you."
                                Hilary Blue