Barb,
If you trust this homeopathic doctor and if he trusts, that is talks
with you, then go for it.  I am cautious because there is a
homeopathic doctor locally and he has often said he wanted me as his
patient.  However, the one time I went to see him, he put little
white pills in my mouth without telling me anything and later he was
the one who gave me a med called "mercurius vivus" which is diluted
mercury.  I did not feel that he trusted me and I will not go back to
see him.
There are many alternative medical treatments, only you (even if the
doctors don't believe it) again only you can decide which ones are
working for you.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds
http://members.tripod.com/~marling