This posting describes a technique to avoid falling when turning.

Marling wrote:

>But, does anyone else have trouble with the "pivot" or "turn"?
>I find that often when I am walking and turn too quickly my feet get
>stuck.  Or at least one of them will get stuck (usually the right)
>and then I am off balance and cannot get it back.

Marling, I have not only experienced this I have worked out how to avoid it
and at the same time improve my cornering generally.  Watch a "normal"
person change direction.  Just prior to making the turn they glance (often
with a small head movement) in the direction in which they are about to
turn.  Watch a PWP shuffle through a turn. Their head and eyes never leave
the straight ahead position.

I have found that if I deliberately turn my head in the direction I want to
turn, that the whole process is much easier and I am much steadier on my
feet.

Try it.

Dennis