From: Rick Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, July 09, 1998 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: Homeopathy

Entering the fray here, at least for a brief post. I worked long and hard
with a homeopathic physician who was actually an M.D., for about 8 years to
treat depression and various physical ailments because I was scared of
chemical antidepressants. Sometimes the homeopathic remedy worked on the
depression; after taking a constitutional remedy, which is taken every two
or three months, I would often feel a lifting of the cloud, and have a
sense that I had the power to DECIDE where my thoughts and reactions would
steer me; and I could consiously choose not to move in the direction of
down. This reaction never lasted more than a day to a few days though, but
when it came I saw possibilities and hope. Endless adjustments of dosage
and potency were made during those years, with the good times never
lasting, until I finally just said Screw It. I made a commitment to try
allopathic antidepressants, talked to my allopathic GP and counselor about
it, and went on Paxil. The results have been very good. If I was into
regret, I'd have some about those lost years. It was never obvious to me to
try another road--probably because I was depressed!

Good discussion topic; I'm glad to see homeopathy discussed here.

Rick