Rick,
Dr. Hood is an MD as well as being a trained homeopathic doctor.  And
he works at a clinic here along with an acupuncturist,chiropractor,
and others.  Many people benefit from him.  I believe he is real in
his concern and desire to help me.
However, he tends, at least with me, to not talk about the
methodology of homeopathy.. I am the type of person who must know
everything that is going on.
You are right, it is a good subject for this list.  I tried
acupuncture for a while.  It did seem to help, but did not last, and
I got tired of doing it week after week.
Ready for the next experience???

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds
http://members.tripod.com/~marling