Dear Dennis, =3D

I understand your objection to my use of the terms "off" and "on".   For =
=3D
my
purposes the term "off" is defined as the absence of any clinical impact =
=3D
of
Dopamine.  Clinically this means akinesia.  Festination and shuffling are=
=3D

not examples of "failed" walking but rather are the body's attempt to
continue walking in the face of walk impairing pathology.  So shuffling a=
=3D
nd
festination are manifestations of Dopamine impact though at less than
optimal amounts  (exogenous or endogenous).

There is much empirical evidence as well as neurophysiologic evidence  to=
=3D

support the relationship between gait and vision.  The entire phenomenon =
=3D
of
kinesia paradoxa is one example.  (Do you exhibit sensitivity to visul
cues?) Closing one's eyes for a step overcomes a freeze. Manipulating
various parameters  of vision can profoundly impact parkinsonian gait
performance.  But this is too large a subject for this forum.  If you wou=
=3D
ld
like I could send you  my paper on tbe subject.

regards,

Tom