The way we look at it is that first you find the cause(s).  the cause will
point the way to pursue the cure AND prevention.  Meanwhile, researchers on
parallel tracks look for improved management with new meds, surgical
interventions.  All of these efforts cross pollinate one antoher so that it
could conceivably be a new drug that suggests a cause rather than vice versa.

If the Udall Act is not funded, it will be a blow, no doubt about it, but
some research is getting funded now and will continue to do so.  The lack
of Udall mandated funding will slow us all down, however, and that's
frustrating to everyone.

Regarding cures, I think of the remarkable advances made--Progress, not
absolute cures, but remarkable nevertheless.  I won't advise patience,
because that's kind of pointless in the face of despair, but do remember
that 15 years ago there was no laboratory model for PD to use in
research...  Now we have new drugs, new surgeries, a great deal of new
information and most important there is HOPE.

Carole