What do we do if it is funded? You did not ask that one, Bruce.

I have been thinking about it.  I feel that if we push enough it will
be funded and then the next big battle will begin.  Yes, this is only
one battle not the end of the war.
Next we will need to be very watchful of NIH, and make sure that the
money is spent on Parkinson's and not "related" research.  We will
also need, I think, to take some responsibility for making those who
are doing the research know that we are watching and waiting.  I for
one intend to find out more about each person and institution which
could or more likely should apply for the money and help those that I
feel are on a good track.

I am not setting myself up as an authority, but I do know a little
and I can figure out things if I study them a little.  I can also
usually tell when someone is trying to "pull the wool over my eyes".

Yes, I believe that we won a battle when the Udall Bill was passed
and signed. And the next battle is to get it funded.  Then the next
battle comes along, getting meaningful research done for the dollars
we are getting. And when a cure is found and applied to all of us, we
will have won the war.

I think I have been taking too many pills---I am on a soapbox, when
what I really need to be doing is my laundry.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds
http://members.tripod.com/~marling