In a message dated 7/11/98 1:00:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 So yes there is concern  about the impact of little or no funding in light of
 the energy expended and the hope embodied in this effort, It was nice to see
 that our champion, Senator Spector has recovered from his illness and has
 returned to the floor of the Senate. >>

This reminds me of the time in college when I let my roommate talk me out of
dating a particularly attractive young lady with the old "A gal like her has
certainly been asked by mow".  As a result of my accepting his "advice"
neither she nor I went to the dance.  From then on I think my greatest fear
has been of missing out on a low effort win rather than trying and failing at
something very difficult.

Regards,
WHH