As the wife of someone who falls alot, I think you need to remember another
major cause of falling in PWPs. Ken was falling for almost a year whenever he
got up at night to go to the bathroom. The neurologist we had  then said it
was his balance and prescribed benedryl at night as well as brighter hall
lighting. On our own, we decided he should use a urinal at night, and things
seemed a little better. We attributed day falls to balance also until he fell
in a campground  and hit his head on a cement table resulting in cranial
bleeding and emergency hospitalization. It was then that the doctors
discovered that  Ken's blood pressure falls to an unmeasurable level  when he
stands  and rises to 220/110 when he lies flat. This was true even when the PD
meds were removed. He now has a second diagnosis of Shy-drager syndrome and
takes florinef, midodrine, and salt tablets to keep his BP up in the daytime
and he sleeps with his head elevated at night. This was the almost sole cause
of his falling, and it was not  properly diagnosed for several years. Needless
to say, we do not go to the original doctor anymore. Barbara Smith,
CG/Ken/70/17