In a message dated 7/10/98 5:22:38 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 1.  The United States Government is paying out $5,000 million dollars each
 year between disability income to PWP's and their medicare payments.  This
 money would be saved were Parkinson's Disease cured or its effects
 overcome.  This figure per Dr. Bill Heitman on this list.

Art,
I sent my letter to the editor to mike Clayes of PAN to check on its accuracy.
He questioned the 5 billion  figure saying the only one he could document was
the 25 billion total cost to society.  While I think the 5 billion figure is a
good estimate (give or take a couple of billion ) I have no data to back that
assertion.  None of this changes the situation, so eloquently elucidated in
your e-mail.  I wish I had sad that.

Regards,
WHH