Yesterday I spent a good half hour with my Congressman(Joe Knollenberg,who is
on the full Appropriations Committee) and his Chief of staff.
He stated how important it is to hear from a  lot of people regarding full
funding for the Udall Bioll.Other groups certainly are making their interests
known.He also said the squeaky wheel DOES make a difference.
His office keeps a record of all calls,letters,etc.If they are received
locally they are forwarded o Washington.
Both Aids and Breast cancer are examples of getting their message out and they
are getting a large part of the pie..

The next few days are crucial,particularly, in the Senate and the House.

So we should try to get our friends,family,whomever to call write fax to
strongly urge our Reps to support Parkinsons Research.

Just a couple of other points--It is our tax money we are talking about and
how it is allocated.Right now it is costing  the government $24 billion  a
year in Parkinson costs-$100 million is really a small amount in the federal
budget.for research.

If the the appropriated increase in NIH funding actually does get increased it
seems we should make sure that Parkinsons is funded.

The research on Parkinsons seems to be a bright spot with the most promising
chance for a cure,but it does take fiancing.

Of course there are no guarntees.But what is the alternate?By doing nothing we
certainly are not going to make a difference.We have chance to make a
differnce.
Again-It is numbers that count,so lets be heard!!

Lorraine Jeffe