Hi, All  !

The question of cause and  treatment of blepharospasmhas recently appeared
frpm several quarters.
 After noting that Dr. Jacquie Winterkorn  addresses the subject in the next
issue
of PDF Newsletter, July 1998,  I decided to try Grateful Med which to my
dismay has been discontinued.It was a cinch to use
SO...tried Medline:
 www.nlm.nih..gov
 and pickedup the following:
             Summary
           ": Blepharospasm is thought to be due to abnormal
              functioning of the basal ganglia which are situated at the base
              of the brain..   The Benigh Essential Blepharospasm Research
               Foundation was established by a Blepharospasm-Meige patient,
                Mattie Lou Koster."
   There's a  foundation for everything , I guess..  ...
   Therre was much more to be extracted from MEDLINE but it took me ages
    to get this bit.  (besides it's  4:00am or thereabouts.)
  So,I'll leave Medlne to the experts and typists and refer you back to Dr.
Jacquie Winterkorn, Ophthalmologist/Neurologist/nd PWP.
  Call 800-457-6676 for the PDF Newsletter, July, 1998
  or write
  Parkinson's Disease Foundation  (PDF)
  710 West 168th Street, Neew York, NY 10032
 [log in to unmask]  (Mary Manfredi)