Marling McReynolds wrote:

> Tom,
> and others,
> Since reading all this talk about walking with hands behind back,
> arms extended, arms swinging, etc., I spent the last day or so
> considering the way I walk.
>  I have found that I do not like to walk  with my arms swinging,
> mainly because my right does not swing.  It drives me crazy to try to
> swing my arms and find the right one hangs while the left swings.
> Consequently, I find that most of the time I keep both hands in my
> pockets.  This keeps me balanced.
>
> don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
> Marling McReynolds
> http://members.tripod.com/~marling
Hi guys,
Not exactly about falling, (- more exactly about not falling--)! When I
was first dagnosed, I was pregnant - so no medication. I was put in a
physiotherapy class with a group of octonogerian stroke victims - but
the one useful thing I learned, was the physiotherapist's constant cry:
" Lead with your arms and your legs will follow".  She was always on to
me about concentrating on my arm swing. "Left arm, right leg;  Right
arm, left leg" And it worked, and 16 years later it is still working.
If I concentrate on my arms, I can walk,  even if I am frozen at the top
of a flight of stairs, or any other nightmare place.  And if I am
mobile, but I feel myself shrinking,  doubling over, as I tend to do
when the medication wears off, I concentrate, pull myself up to my full
height, and think "arms lead, legs will follow".
Hilary Blue