I, too, find the volume of messages very difficult to cope with.  It seems
to me that part of the issue could be resolved if replies were directed to
the sender only when that is appropriate. For example, if you are adding
information to a discussion, it's probably appropriate for your response to
go to all members.  On the other hand, if you're sending  a message of
thanks or an "attaboy" perhaps that could be directed only to the primary
recipient and not to everyone.

Carole Cassidy