Murray _Charters wrote:

> Hi Joe, Hi Barb,
>
> Dear Joe: I have just a couple of thoughts that might or might not shed some
> light on your situation.
> SNIP
> My point here is, that after I stopped looking for a mate, and focusing on
> the quality of my own life, someone became attracted to me.  I hope you
> would like some suggestions, because here is what I would do:  I'd sign up
> for classes in areas that would excite me (in my case I'd take creative
> writing, stained glass making, etc. )
> SNIP
> Meeting people in classes, courses, or through friends gives everyone
> lots of space, as the focus is on the activity not the people.
> I think your request to air this topic was entirely appropriate.  I wish you
> all the best, Barb R.
>
> Joe, I took dance classes (ballroom & Latin) as therapy for my
> awkwardness (falling down) and therapy for my state of mind.  It
> was there I met my wife in 1991.  We married in 1994 and all I can
> say is it certainly worked for  me..........
>
> I also wish you all the best............Murray

Dear Joe, Barb, and anyone else,
Yes I'm single too, and there are things that I resent about it, and
I've done a lot of soul-searching in the last year or so.  But I have
come to the conclusion, that it is not a mate I miss, but a companion.
A mate is too intrusive. I value being myself and making my own
decisions, and doing things the way I want them, and when I want to.
  But it would be nice to  have someone to go to the movies with, or
just a walk, or even a vacation... Someone to talk to in the middle of
the night when I can't sleep.  Someone to bring  me my glasses when I
lose them and can't see to find them.  And yes, a care giver. I've heard
about those. One of those would be nice, I think. I don't know. I've
never had one.  Oh yes, and someone to discipline the children.
Hilary Blue