Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:38:50 +1600 Marling McReynolds <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<<<< I tested my Compaq Presario and it passed with flying colors on all
test.  I guess this means that as far as the hardware is concerned I
am ok.  Now if I could only be as sure of my software. Ha Ha
I bought this one just before Christmas. >>>>

Hi Marling,

Welcome in the 21-century!! At least your PC is ready for it!

The software most sensitive to Y2K-problems are databases and spreadsheets.
You can test this by changing the DATE to a date in the year 2000.
Then run the program and see whether the date the program gives is correct,
or some other date. Also there are programs that will crash with a date in
2000. If all goes well you can rely on the program to be ready for the next
millennium. If something goes wrong, go after the "patches".

Hans.