I was one of the early respondents to Dennis on the subject of falling down.
I said somethin along the lines of it being associated with an under-dosed
condition. We agreed that we had the subject pretty well covered, and quietly
went on our way.

Since then, I have kept my head down as volley after volley has passed
overhead, fortunately noe of it aimed in my direction. There is a message
in that fact, because for once I specified that I was talking about 90% of
falls and fallers and I acknowledged that I could not cover all falls. I
was un-characteristically cautious because I have been around since the time
when this subject hit the list. The same old arguments came up; the
fascinating Blue Glass subject was aired- Now there is a case to think about.
I don't pretend to understand the working of the blue goggle bunch, but it
works for them, and they can be very vocal about it. It seems that things go
wrong when we stop talking about our own symptoms, and start questioning the
other person's. It must be confusing for the Silent Majority of this group, .
I would suggest that where possible, we should try to show if we know that
our personal contribution is uniaque, or typical, or whatever else there may
be.
   One good thing that came out of the battle of words this time was Ida's
graphic description of falling in a compltely frozen state. I always tell
myself that I will consider a Pallidotomy when I reach a state which
affects my life to a significant degree.  Ida's definition will do as a
marker for some time to come. I am glad that the Pallidotomy was a success,
Ida; I wish you many years of continued improvement.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>