Hi !!  This morning it occurred to me that pd is maybe hell and we're all in
it so I spent a while thinking about AIDS and flesh-eating viruses and like
that and convinced myself that there are many worse things than pd.   After
playing Pollyanna for a while I got ready to go to a French conversation
group, which is presently hard to do because I festinated down a street
recently and  fell, landing partly on a shoulder.  I was helped to my feet by
two extremely nice high school boys.  I was badly shaken up by this.  My
shoulder still hurts after 5 weeks.  I did up my seat belt and started the car
which wouldn't start, so I had to tromp back inside and call the person whose
house I was driving to.  My husband kindly lent me his car and dealt with mine
(which is still at the shop at least overnight).  I was careful to take only a
half a glass of iced tea to lessen my chances of spilling, and no cake -- it
would have been too awkward for me.  I received my paid-for French book and
settled down with 7 other ladies to read and translate.  However, although
THEIR books were in French, my book was in English.  The lady who bought them
all was amazed.  Not too much surprises me these days.  My voice sounded like
a fog or mist when I read from somebody else's book and I climbed on the self-
pity pot.  Later, after dinner I read the listserv and I began to feel much
better. It's tough to have this illness, I can't pretend it's not, but at
least I'm not the only one.
Thanks for being here, folks!!  Liz S~~