Dear list friends:

I have completred a project to update and locate all the support groups in
NYS. I have supplied printed copies and a floopy disc with the results to PAN,
PDF,APDA and NPF.  If anyone on the list would like a copy of the printed list
send me a stamped self address envelope and I will send you a copy.

The task consisted of merging 5 lists that I had received to avoid duplicates.
Then I called each support group to up date there information. I entered the
To test the accuracy of the list I mailed a preliminary copy of the list to
each NY Support Group and asked them to check the accuracy of the information
for their group. I also asked then to send me a note indicating the number of
names on their mailing list. I should have asked this info in my original
phone call but I did not think about it in time.

I am just starting to do the same task for Ohio and N. Carolina. Ohio because
it borders Ny and N. Carolina because at the direction of Jim Cordy who kept
track of lobby assignments I was assigned to assist in N. Carolina and have
lobbied the Congressional Delegation calling on all of them with the exception
of  Sen..

 Thompson.  If anyone on the list knows of any groups in  Ohio or N. Carolina
please send me enough information to call the groups and add them to our list.

By asking the size of the mailing list we will arrive at a minimum number of
PWP in the USA if we proceed to update every state.

I am looking for volinteers to do as I have in their respective state. I will
coach the volinteers with the information need to complete the data base
fields and supply the lists for each state that I have. With a little help in
a months time we could build a data base of all the active Support Groups and
begin to establish a creditable count of PD People at least the miminal
number. It is also my intent to make the collected information available to
almost any body with a reasonable need to know. That would include any PD
organization, any support group and anyone on this list. It would also be the
largest link we have with the PD Community when we want to disseminate
information or put in a call for advocates  etc.

Thanks for reading this messages

Dale Severance
315-682-3384