joe -   i have been single for 27 years, until 6 years ago without the
stigma of PD.  fortunately, i have a lady who pre-dates the diagnosis, and
is  sticking  it out.

        but that doesn't help you.  were i in your position i would look at
the local (where are you? - it helps to be in a city of some size) singles
scene.  here in tucson we have some alternatives, tho as a stranger you
would have to look for them, at least beyond the bar scene.

but, you would not have to look far for a support group (apda chapter with
over 100 at our monthly meetings), with many fine people, married and
single, who share one of life's bummers!  were i single w/o a s/o, i would
definitely attend those meetings with an eye and ear toward finding
someone.

but don't give up on the non-pd crowd - not everyone will evaluate you by
your disease group.  nor will they bypass you because of the proximity of
your children. in fact, a caring person could be very impressed with a man
who, with a numbing disease, cares for his kids as intimately as you do.

most importantly, from experience, don't push it.  to the right person, you
have a lot to offer.  YOU are the one who must be selective. so  relax.  it
will happen sooner if you do.

                        bob dolezal