^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     72  deg. Fsummery and very warm
For Dennis Greene, and Marling McReynolds, and others trying to get a
letter to the Editor published:

I called the Portland Press-Herald  (Gannett morning newspaper) yesterday
and talked to Kim Clifford.  She is the person who ACTUALLY sorts the
Letters to the Editor.  I was wondering if Dennis's or Marling's letters
had been noticed.

Well, I'm glad I did.  I discovered that I had been given, and passed on
to the Parkinson's List, an  e-mail address that goes to the News
department, NOT the Letters to the Editor staff!!
So, of course, any letters were buried in the wrong department of a HUGE
office building.

The CORRECT e-mail address, for Letters to the Editor, Kim says, is:

Kim did say that 250 words or less is preferred, and that Maine writers,
or Press-Herald subscribers worldwide, are preferred.  However, IF you
make the point that you are a

  1. listmember of the World Parkinson's Exchange List; and

  2. know me (Ivan) through my participation in the exchange with you,

you may have a better chance of getting printed.  Whether or not you
refer to me, somehow, there really ought to be a Maine "hook" *  to get
the attention of Kim, and eventually, George Neovall, Editor of the
editorial page.

Sorry about the prior address, which would leave your letters buried in
e-mail messages to News staff
writers.

Ivan

 * P.S.  It's tourist time here-if you know our summers, you could write
in a Maine "hook" - or - maybe the fact that a number of us in
Maine--like Harold Jones, Greg Leeman, Karen Bardo and myself- are
participants in our International list..... is enough of a "hook."

  Anyway-good luck!  I'll follow up Friday to see what's going on.