Judy:  The best source for research and treatment data that I know of is
PUB MED at the National Library of Medicine, part of NIH.  the URL is
www.ncbi.nih.gov/PubMed       Just enter "olivopontocerebellar disease" or
"olivopontocerebellar atrophy" in quotes and push search.  This will give
you access to recent research abstracts and you can check these out at a
medical library (maybe at your local hospital or a medical school) or order
them online through Lonesome Doc.

OPCD is a form of multiple system atrophy, which is defined as "a disease
characterized clinically by any combination of parkinsonian, autonomic,
pyramidal or cerebellar symptoms and signs"  Some people use the term
muscular system atrophy to describe all sorts of degenerative conditions,
but this is a narrower definition.  Shy-Drager syndrome, and striatonigral
degeneration are two other types of MSA.

Good luck!

Carole Cassidy