HI,
 I've just come home from a very interesting, but unfortunately very
poorly attended meeting with a group of representatives of Upjohn, the
makers of mirapex. These reps were there to tell us  about mirapex and
to answer any of our questions.  I was a little ashamed that of our
whole very active support group , only 5 people showed up! (3 patients,
one caregiver and the group coordinator)   Of course, from my point of
view it was a very good session, because I got to ask every question  I
could possibly dream up, and everybody listened to every word I had to
say.  I tried to remember all the things  you guys have been commenting
over the last few days. I must confess I haven't been paying much
attention, because mirapex seems to suit me.  But I remembered about the
bloating and water retention.  The reps were astounded. They claimed not
to have heard of this problem, and showed figures that in the trials it
occured in 5%  of drug takers and 4% of those on placebos.  They did
however promise to report back to their research staff.
One of the other two PWPs there, only diagnosed in FEB and mirapex is
the only thing he has ever taken - reported that he has a tendency  to
fall asleep unexpectedly.  This they acknowledged was a significant
problem. , occuring in about 20% of cases. I think that was the figure.
WOW!
 Other than that, the four of them and five of us had a pleasant
evening...
we told them about the list ; maybe they could do a question and answer
session, Is that ethical ? Could it be construed to be advertising?
Hilary Blue