Hi Joe, Hi Barb,

Dear Joe: I have just a couple of thoughts that might or might not shed some
light on your situation.
SNIP
My point here is, that after I stopped looking for a mate, and focusing on
the quality of my own life, someone became attracted to me.  I hope you
would like some suggestions, because here is what I would do:  I'd sign up
for classes in areas that would excite me (in my case I'd take creative
writing, stained glass making, etc. )
SNIP
Meeting people in classes, courses, or through friends gives everyone
lots of space, as the focus is on the activity not the people.
I think your request to air this topic was entirely appropriate.  I wish you
all the best, Barb R.

Joe, I took dance classes (ballroom & Latin) as therapy for my
awkwardness (falling down) and therapy for my state of mind.  It
was there I met my wife in 1991.  We married in 1994 and all I can
say is it certainly worked for  me..........

I also wish you all the best............Murray