Hi Barbara and Hi all,

you wrote....

This week, the subject came up of what people  do if there is an emergency at
home such as a fire or an earthquake, and you have to evacuate
quickly.
SNIP
So, if any of you have solved this problem or have any ideas
that would help, would you send them in and in the same note give me
permission to print them out for sharing.

Barbara, I have a three ring binder marked with my name and marked
Information for Awareness / Assessment in Medical Emergency.  This
binder has a Medic Alert page, personal data page, immediate family
phone number page, monographs for Sinemet & Tasmar (the meds I take),
and plastic business card pages.

The Medic Alert Page states my name, my blood type, my medical
condition (Parkinson's), my g.p. & his phone #, my neurologist & his
phone #, my medication (name, strength, dosage, timing,),
contra-indicated drug list, allergies, & special medical
instructions.

The personal data page has my full name, phone #'s (home, bus.,
cell., pager, fax.) address (home) language of communication, date of
birth, age, sex, Social Insurance No., Health Care Card No., primary
caregiver, relationship, phone #'s, address.

The immediate family phone no. page lists my family in order of
contact in case of emergency, ie: daughter, daughter, son, sister,
mother.......and lists their phone no's. (home, bus., cell. pager).

The monographs pages are the Sinemet sheet and Tasmar sheet in my
case.

The business card file sheets have business cards for my G.P., my
neurologist, my pharmacist, my dentist, my physiotherapist, the
Movement Disorder Clinic, my optometrist, my employer, my trade
union, and photocopies of my medical care cards.

The intent is that this binder can be scooped up in an instant in any
emergency and contains all the medical data should I be unable to
speak for myself.

There is also an emergency 7 day supply of meds in the refrigerator
freezer and a card on the fridge noting that it is there.

When we travel I take the binder and emergency meds. with us.

If we were in a serious accident and hospitalized in a foreign
country then this all might really come in handy.

The whole concept can of course be adapted to any medical condition.

I hope this is of some use............Murray