I'm sending this to both lists, as some CARE members don't read the main
list now.

The ideas for emergency planning are great--and our recent experience of my
having to be in hospital for 12+ hours very unexpectedly adds another
aspect for me.
I now plan to have written and detailed instructions as to our daily
routine, med times, everything that would be important for Peter's care, if
someone had to take over suddenly. Should have done it long ago! In the
recent situation, he was able to manage, we stayed in touch by phone, and I
had the week's meds all out in the labeled boxes we use, so he knew what to
take and when.  But there are lots of little, important details which need
attention in order to make him more comfortable and less stressed, and I'm
going to try to record them and the routine--then maybe we'll not need it,
like carrying an umbrella so it "won't rain"!

One other thought re: fires, etc--our fire dept. gives out  window stickers
which can be put on the room where an invalid (or child) who would need
help can be found--we got them for our "seniors' condo" here, and they are
a great idea.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH
"http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm" My Home Page