George wrote that he was going to have to stop Mirapex.  My husband was
taking a rather small dose of it.  (Can't remember why we weren't using
more, but there must have been some reason.)

Then my husband started to have some hallucinations while on
Mirapex--whether
or not this was the cause, I don't know.  But at the time he was only
taking .5 mg  three times a day.  The doctor said to eliminate the first
dose.

Then we added Tasmar.

Hallucinations worsened.  Why?  Don't know.  Mirapex?  Enhanced by
Tasmar?

Called doctor.  Doctor said to stop the Mirapex.

Ten days later, still having hallucinations, but maybe not as badly.
But having trouble getting up in the moring again.  RLS back after a
year.

I stopped the Tasmar too.  Two days later a complete freeze in
bed--couldn't move even a little finger.

On Tasmar I had been instructed to cut the dosage of the CR's in half
but continue with the regular Sinemet every two hours.

So I went back to the bigger dose of the CR's and added just one dose
(.5) of Mirapex at night before bed.  This seems toe working pretty well
after a week.

Should I be fooling around with these changes myself?  I think so,
because that's all the doctor knows to do anyway (especially with the
newer drugs).    So far my husband seems to just do better with Sinemet.
None of the adjunctive drugs have been of significant benefit--except
the Mirapex.

I don't even know if the Mirapex is solely responsble for the
hallucinations.  Would ten days be long enough without it for it to have
gotten out of his system?  I don't know.   I've heard of people who have
taken Sinemet for years who suddenly start having problems with that.

If what we're presently doing seems to "work," we'll stick with it until
the next scheduled doctor's appointment.  Otherwise I will put in a call
to him because I'm out of options myself.

Carol Horner