I finally read it and I sent it along to our local paper with this note
attached.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My father has recently being diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease.  William
Heitman is a member of the Parkinson's Listserve that I subscibe to (for my
father).  As a daughter of another sufferer, I strongly second Mr Heitman's
opinions and would appreciate if you could publish his letter in your/our paper.
His words express my feelings infinitely better than I could.

I have been and will coninue to be (despite strong lobbying by the San Francisco
Chronicle) a loyal Mercury News customer (since Jan 1994) and more importantly
an ardent fan.  Thanx for putting a wonderful paper out everyday.

Thank you for listening,

abi murthy
(408) 241-2303 (home phone)