Dear Carol-- any drug that messes with the mind can cause hallucinations,
and this is a side effect of both Mirapex and Tasmar, not to mention
Sinemet! If he has them on one drug, he's at risk for others also. Peter
had a bad trrip (paranoid) after a week on Mirapex, and took 3 days in
hospital + a week at home to get over it.  There is a risk in your "fine
tuning" meds on your own--I'd suggest at least keeping neuro informed of
what you are doing. But to add Tasmar when he was already hallucinating on
Mirapex seems odd--our neiro wouldn't even let Peter try Tasmar because of
his history with Mirapex, so maybe if he does OK on Sinemet, that's the
best way to go.

Carol wrote:
>Then my husband started to have some hallucinations while on
>Mirapex--whether
>or not this was the cause, I don't know.  But at the time he was only
>taking .5 mg  three times a day.  The doctor said to eliminate the first
>dose.
>
>Then we added Tasmar.
>
>Hallucinations worsened.  Why?  Don't know.  Mirapex?  Enhanced by
>Tasmar?
>
>Called doctor.  Doctor said to stop the Mirapex.
SNIPPED

>So I went back to the bigger dose of the CR's and added just one dose
>(.5) of Mirapex at night before bed.  This seems toe working pretty well
>after a week.
>
>Should I be fooling around with these changes myself?  I think so,
>because that's all the doctor knows to do anyway (especially with the
>newer drugs).    So far my husband seems to just do better with Sinemet.
>None of the adjunctive drugs have been of significant benefit--except
>the Mirapex.

>If what we're presently doing seems to "work," we'll stick with it until
>the next scheduled doctor's appointment.  Otherwise I will put in a call
>to him because I'm out of options myself.
>
>Carol Horner

Sounds reasonable,Carol--hang in there!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH