Greetings,

I'm back on the list, thanks to Camille Flinterman and Barbara Mallut.

I was a regular reader, but infrequent contributor, until about nine
months ago, when I stopped everything except breathing.

Very briefly, I'm 57 and was initially diagnosed with PD 10 years ago.
I've had three thalamotomies.  One was on my left side (very successful)
and two on the right side (almost disastrous and semi-ok).  Then, I had
deep brain stimulation surgery in February; it works very well.   The
moral of this story is NEVER have thalamotomies on both sides.

Other  than the relatively minor symptoms of poor balance and slowness
of movement, my only existing major problem is a donald duck voice. Next
week, I'm going to UCLA for an initial collengen injection.  Hopefully,
I'll return sounding less like a cartoon character.  (BTW, I know
Barbara  M. has had collengen injections; if anyone else has tried them,
I'd appreciate hearing from you.)

George L. Bousliman
Helena, Montana