Dear List Members

Having recently returned from holiday I appear to have missed the
discussion on flaky scalp conditions among PWP.

Although not having too much hair left, I am a chronic sufferer of this
condition the medical term being Seborrheic Dermatitis ( my own is
caused by the yeast fungus Pityrosporum ovale ) This condition not only
affects my head, but covers every part of my body, at present as I write
this my body is covered with ointment to combat my current attack of
Dermatitis.

To those of you suffering from a flaky scalp it is important to control
this by the use of the various shampoos available, in my own experience
over the past 10 yrs this condition re-occurs numerous times per year.
If anyone else has the condition covering their body , my Dermatologist
prescribes for me: Lithium succcinate/zinc sulphate ointment,Balneum
Plus Antipruritic bath oil, Hydro cortisone cream and Nizoral shampoo(
which I can also use to wash my body) in the past my flaky scalp caused
me to have blepharitis, the Eye Clinic recommended to me to bathe my
eyes in Bicarbonate of soda diluted in lukewarm water, this was helpful.

Having been diagnosed with PD 15 months ago, my Skin Condition does
appear to have worsened, this of course could be coincidence, I am aware
that there is a connection with Neurological disorders, stressful
medical conditions and Seborrheic Dermatitis, Doctors do not know the
reason for this relationship.

Gerry McCann   36/1