Hi everyone,

An interesting thread. I have written about this elsewhere, but briefly, my
late wife, Moira, had Parkinson's for 10 years before we met and married.
She was a single mother with two young boys and incredible grit and
determination. I had been separated for ten years at the time. We fell in
love. Moira warned me about her future with Parkinson's. It didn't matter --
it was a love affair. Neither of us knew how it would actually turn out.
Moira died 15 months ago of colon cancer. Our 8 1/2 years together were the
best years of my life -- full and creative years. As I grieve over my loss,
it seems more and more that in a strange way Parkinson's deepened our
relationship. Parkinson's became a partner. It is still there and that is
why I remain involved with Parkinson's and a member of this important
listserve.

To those out there who are thinking about this question, you never know how
things will work out. I met Moira when I dropped by to ask her to join the
NDP (New Democratic Party in Canada). It happens.

As Wendy wrote:
>The way I figure it is, if it's meant to be, it'll happen.

And as another writer put it:

> My point here is, that after I stopped looking for a mate, and focusing on
> the quality of my own life, someone became attracted to me.

Good advice. Take care...

TTFN
Peter
Peter Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
62 Coronation Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 2M6 Canada
Tel/FAX: (902) 443-4262 Email: [log in to unmask]