^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      68   deg. F
Hi everyone,

  Summer weather  finally arrived this week.  The mornings are humid and
lovely, with a refreshing sea breeze.  The afternoons are lazy,and are in
the low to mid-80's.  We are all outdoors at the lakes and ponds,
relishing our 7-week season of what passes for "heat."

  This is the ideal time to unwind--so I am going to join in and catch
the breezes, and enjoy the garden vegetables, abundant flowers, and a
wonderful symphony of visiting birds.   Tiny goldfinches, buzzy
chickadees, and beautiful, mysterious yellow-shafted flickers are
visiting the bird feeders.  The windows are wide open... no need for air
conditioning--just a couple of slow-moving, old-fashion fans does it,
just perfectly.

 If anyone on the list wants to visit, and taste a few fresh Maine clams,
salmon or lobster, just call me.
Or e-mail me privately.  OR how about homemade blueberry pie?

 I hope and pray that by September, the Senate and House will decide,
after their summer recess, to fund the Udall Act fully.  In any case, I'm
working with the local folks to develop a plan to securely establish and
build the Maine Parkinson's Society.  I am very impressed with the PSA
from Harris County and Houston Texas--and hope to get a copy up here for
use in Maine.

Wishing all of you the best, and hoping the 110-degree temperatures some
of you are enduring disappear sooner, rather than later.

Ivan Suzman
Portland, Maine