Joan,
I wish I had more info on Ambien (Zolpidem).  It is from an article in Lancet
which I do not have.  One thought is to take the date (believe you have it) of
the article and have him look up the issue which will detail it more.  Another
thought would be to go to a medical library and zerox a copy or to go to
PubMed on the web and order it through a service you can get there.  I believe
the service costs.  Look in the Archives of the Parkinson Information Exchange
for even more info.  There are other references to it there.  Sounds like it's
doing you some good.
Barb Brock