I attended a  conference about Tasmar, and as I remember, they said it does
have some of the same side effects as the other drugs but usually not so
severe. What they implied is that given with sinemet, it evens out the highs
and lows and often allows the patient to cut down the amount of sinemet he
takes, thereby possibly cutting down on the tendency of sinemet to cause
confusion or even hallucinations. I may have heard this wrong, and since Ken
does not take either mirapex or tasmar, I have no personal experience. He does
very well on a small dose of sinemetcr with no dyskinesia. He tends to freeze
sometimes, but even after 17 years, he doesn't have noticeable ons and offs,
so tasmar would not be indicated. He takes so many other drugs and has been
doing so well recently that our neuro says leave well enough alone for the
time being.
Barbara Smith,CG/Ken/70/17