Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:11:24 -0400 Bruce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<<<<
Hans, can you answer these 2 questions?

1. A computer purchased after when would definitely not have this problem?
2  A computer purchased after when would most probably not have this
problem?    >>>>

Hi Bruce,

The purchase date of the computer is not important in relation to the
Y2K-problems. What is important is the BIOS-date! There can not be given a
date after which the BIOS is always Y2K-compatible. The reason is that the
big BIOS-manufacturers didn't start making "Y2K"-BIOS's all at the same
time. Also the computerfirms started putting "Y2K"-BIOS's in their computers
at different dates. Even different types of the same firm can differ!

At the (service-)homepage of the big computerfirms you can go to the
Y2K-page were often is a detailed list of types and serialnumbers of their
PC's. Have you found yours, then they give you the solution (if there is
one) to the problem for that specific PC. Or they tell you there is no
problem!!!!

My advice is: first do the tests. If they all fail: go to the homepage of
the manufacturer.

<<<< Had any Dutch Treats lately? >>>>

No, in fact I had the opposite last night. My mother-in-law invited the
whole family for dinner in a chinese restaurant. WE ate and SHE payed!!

Hans.