Hi Don,

>>First the good news... The Apple & Mac HARDWARE is by design Year
>>2000 Compliant.

> So whats with the contraditory statement in your subject and at the
> end of this statement?
> Sounds like a PC user who wishes to be a Mac wannabe

You're right, I wouldn't mind a Mac only world.  I merely wanted to
get everyone's attention and open a few eyes to the facts that there
are no absolute "gimmees" when it comes to the year 2000 problem.

Everyday programs (like Eudora) may still use 2 digit dates to sort
your mail and since 00 is less than 99........... If you have Eudora
try this one!

I didn't want to start a PC vs Apple showdown......

I just wanted to point out, as you also stated, that only the
hardware is Y2K compatible (and only the Mac).....

So you see, even at home, Eudora may introduce sorting problems
and other packages may have other problems....

I know this is not a catastrophe, simply part of our imperfect world!

Now if we can only convince people that even tho' their pharmacist
recognizes their voice on the phone,  there may be no power, no heat,
no phones, no supplies, no ATM, no .....?  Get the picture?

The problem is that everyone is going to be involved in some manner
and no one can escape by simply ignoring the issues or by thinking
someone else will supply all the right answers on time.

Perhaps I should have said "Apple/Mac Y2K Compliant?  Not Quite!"

All the best...............Murray