Barb Bell wrote:
I hope someone can help.  My husband Charlie, 90/7+, has an excess of phlegm
>in his throat and he complains that he can't loosen it up.  He coughs and
>tries to clear his throat but it has become almost impossible to do so.
Has
>anyone else had this experience?  Does anyone know of something that could
>possibly dissolve the phlegm?  I'm not even sure that this is Parkinson's
>related but we would appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you.

Barb, a swallowing evaluation might be in order for your husband to see
whether he is swallowing effectively.  If everything is in order, then
medications that decrease saliva production might be the answer to his
problem - there are a number available, and some PD folks take them on a
regular basis to decrease tremor (Artane is an example of such a med.).
-----
Mary Ann R.N. (CG Jamie 59/19)