--------------13CDB94ECCBAF947A10DC83A

Bruce and Gina (in particular) - I have been bothered
(concerned??deprived, tortured?--something much more than "bothered")
with double vision for the last 2 years.  My then neuro responded to my
concern about this by suggesting that I mention it to my regular
opthomalogist at my annual check up.  Right then and there I decided to
get a new neuro.  If he couldn't understand the devastating importance
of not being able to read or drive, I didn't want him as my doctor.

I shopped around a little and found a neurologist who was interested
enough in the  issue to tell me that he knew an opthamologist with
training in neurology and movement disorders.

When I saw the guy, he was pretty helpful.  He couldn't tell me whether
it was the meds ot the PD, but he felt prism lenses were the answer for
both near and far.

The  distance problem (driving and television) has been greatly improved
by the prism lenses--in the top half of my bi-focals.  The close problem
(reading) is slightly improved.  I can read for short periods of time
when I am sitting up straight (not in bed) and not tired. I used to be a
3-4 hour per day reader, so this hurts me more than I can say.I am not
ready to listen to books on tape, but will probably go to that soon.  I
hear it is a rich area.

This is not a very satisfying solution and bodes poorly for the future,
but it may help you.

One other thing:  although I got my help from a neuologically trained
opthamologst MD, when I discussed this with my internist, he said that
opticians know more about such problems than MDs.  I haven't checked
this out.

Good luck -- and keep me posted

Nancy Shlaes 61/4

--------------13CDB94ECCBAF947A10DC83A

<HTML>
Bruce and Gina (in particular) - I have been bothered (concerned??deprived,
tortured?--something much more than "bothered") with double vision for
the last 2 years.&nbsp; My <B><I>then</I></B> neuro responded to my concern
about this by suggesting that I mention it to my regular opthomalogist
at my annual check up.&nbsp; Right then and there I decided to get a new
neuro.&nbsp; If he couldn't understand the devastating importance of not
being able to read or drive, I didn't want him as my doctor.

<P>I shopped around a little and found a neurologist who was interested
enough in the&nbsp; issue to tell me that he knew an opthamologist with
training in neurology and movement disorders.

<P>When I saw the guy, he was pretty helpful.&nbsp; He couldn't tell me
whether it was the meds ot the PD, but he felt prism lenses were the answer
for both near and far.

<P>The&nbsp; distance problem (driving and television) has been greatly
improved by the prism lenses--in the top half of my bi-focals.&nbsp; The
close problem (reading) is slightly improved.&nbsp; I can read for short
periods of time when I am sitting up straight (not in bed) and not tired.
I used to be a 3-4 hour per day reader, so this hurts me more than I can
say.I am not ready to listen to books on tape, but will probably go to
that soon.&nbsp; I hear it is a rich area.

<P>This is not a very satisfying solution and bodes poorly for the future,
but it may help you.

<P>One other thing:&nbsp; although I got my help from a neuologically trained
opthamologst MD, when I discussed this with my internist, he said that
opticians know more about such problems than MDs.&nbsp; I haven't checked
this out.

<P>Good luck -- and keep me posted

<P>Nancy Shlaes 61/4</HTML>

--------------13CDB94ECCBAF947A10DC83A--