Here's another tidbit I noticed in the Spring '98 NPF Parkinson Report

The first phase of human testing of recombinant GDNF has started to
determine determine safety, tolerability and potential benefit in
patients with PD.  Patients eligible for the study include those with
moderate to advanced symptoms.  They must be medically able to undergo
surgery, because the material is administered into the brain by an
investigational device.  Participating centers are in the following
cities:

Charlottesville, VA
Chicago, IL
Houston, TX
Portland, OR
Toronto, Ontario
Miami, Fl
Phoenix, AZ
Minneapolis, MN
Englewood, CO

Email me privately for contact names and numbers at these centers, or
call NPF at 1-800-327-4545; in Florida 1-800-433-7022; in California
1-800-400-8448.

Mary Rack
cg for late mother, Louise