In a message dated 7/20/98 5:54:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 One other thing:  although I got my help from a neuologically trained
 opthamologst MD, when I discussed this with my internist, he said that
 opticians know more about such problems than MDs.  I haven't checked
 this out.

 Good luck -- and keep me posted

 Nancy Shlaes 61/4

Nancy,
Has anyone asked the question: Why is this person having the onset of eye
muscle imbalance (causing the double vision) now.  Your brain really doesn't
like double vision--to the point that it will turn off and blind one eye in
infants, rather than put up with it.  That's in kids, I assume there are any
number of rather benign causes of diplopia (double vision) in adults.
However, the rather abrupt occurrence in adulthood is a cause to investigate
further (various brain scans, etc.).

I think I would find a neurologist who is interested in finding out  why...

Regards,
WHH